Intel (e210882) D865GLC/D865PESO/D865PCD

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
TheFlax36
New visitors - please read the rules.

I forgot to write down my bios string b4 I Downloaded the Intel express Bios update for my motherboard. It says Intel (e210882) D865GLC/D865PESO/D865PCD on the motherboard.
So I just downloaded the current express bios update for it,(any other time I have downloaded and used the express bios update ,if it was the wrong one it would say no supported hardware found & exit.) this went through the express update and restarted my system now my Board is dead & trying the boot from the CDrom/Floppy for recovery.

I have downloaded different versions of the recovery bios (.bio) file,such as
p11-0049,p18-0044,and a few others.

put it on a blank floppy and it reads it for a sec then either beeps 5 times and retrys looking for something. (over and over) or will beep 2 times then like 4 times and repeats checking floppy for something and repeats. over and over.

what can I do to save this board?
please anyone?

I thought the express update would check the current bios out and wouldnt not attempt a flash if it was upgrading with the incorrect bios.

anyone,help?
:oops:
Villain

First of all - you will need to teach yourself a little about your Beep Codes for any particular BIOS.
Here is a great example of the main BIOS codes on todays motherboards :-

http://www.amptron.com/html/bios.beepcodes.html

Secondly -
Have you tried resetting it? That typically involves removing the battery and setting a jumper.

I'm not sure if it would work if the BIOS was truly cooked, but it could be worth a try.
Sometimes if you remove the CMOS jumper before turning the power on. The short circuit should give your motherboard amnesia..
Also - It might be worth while taking out the battery for 5 minutes before placing it back. Occasionally a BIOS will reset itself to default after a bunged BIOS flash attempt.
Hope it helps out a little.

You might help me back by directing me to a driver page for that mobo.
nm_mal

(please read it carefully untill last line)
I have got same notherboard d865glc/d865peso , and had the same problem, i downlaoded the latest (p25) d865glc bios from intel.com, bought a new floppy, Copy the recovery file (*.BIO) to a brand new formatted floppy disk
and then followed this link.
http://support.intel.com/support/mother ... htm#floppy.

Make it sure, bios jumper must be romoved completely from the baord.
put the floppy into the floppy drive,
Computer will be shut down after a while, please donot restart the system unless it shutdown automatically after update. (i did it twice for just in case,)
when it shutdown, remove the floppy, put the jumper in normal position (1-2 position). switch on the computer then hopefully you display will comeback.
my PC is fine now.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

@TheFlax36: What system was the board in? Dell, Gateway, HP, PackardBell??? Usually when flashing retail Intel bioses they will work but not all of them...
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...