Msi Hermes 651 problem

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
hollow_83
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi!
I have an msi hermes 651 barebone pci.
I found a tool (amibcp) to delete the old vbios and insert the newone because i wanted to use widescreen resolutions with the sis vga it has but the vbios i used was for 650 board and i have 651.
Now the computer boots with a black screen and after a while the cd spins up and i also hear the floppy trying to read. When the floppy reads (it doesn't read continuesly) it also beeps.
Does this means that if i use a pci card will save the pc or i have to throw it away? Razz
cp
BIOS Guru

hey, since the pc accesses the floppy drive you have to prepare a diskette that holds the correct bios for your mainboard. just rename the bios to amiboot.rom and copy it on a BLANK disk. now insert the disk into the floppy drive and start the pc. wait 10 minutes and reboot the pc. done.
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.
hollow_83
New visitors - please read the rules.

cp wrote:hey, since the pc accesses the floppy drive you have to prepare a diskette that holds the correct bios for your mainboard. just rename the bios to amiboot.rom and copy it on a BLANK disk. now insert the disk into the floppy drive and start the pc. wait 10 minutes and reboot the pc. done.
Thanks for the quick reply.
Ive done that (i didnt wait for 10 minutes just 2 or 3) but the only thing the pc does it to read the drive and beep continusly.
To explain it better the bios does a short beep while the disk is flashing it pauses and the same again for infinite.
This happen with or without a floppy disk.