Problem with BootBlock: are corrupted ?

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
cabrera2
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi
I have a problem with my motherboard (Gigabyte GA-8S648FX-L with a P4 processor at 3 GHz).
I don't intent to flash BIOS, and I'm not play with it. The reason of the problem are unknow for me.
When I power up the PC, there are only two beeps(first short, and one long with different tone) and the following message appear at the display:

----------------------------------------------------
AWARD BootBlock BIOS v1.0
Copyright (c) 2000, Award Software, Inc

Scanning BIOS Image in hard drive ...
Can not find BIOS Image in hard driver or diskette!
----------------------------------------------------

But the floppy led did not turn on, so, when I tried to load the 8S648FX.F8 BIOS image (with the flash879.exe and autoexec.bat) copy these in floppy disk and turn on the computer, it did not work. I also tried with the BIOS image (and the other files) in the hard drive but it did not work again, so, I think that the bootblock BIOS is corrupted (you think like me ?).

I have read about the solution shorting the high address pin but I don't know if this method could be applied in this case.
Can you help me?.

Thanks you in advance

Cabrera2
Twinsen
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have thesame problem as Cabrera2. I have Gigabyte motherboard to (GA-8IPE-1000-G) with P4 on it.
I know what caused the problem in my case. I was trying to overlock my system while defragmenting my hardrive. Blue screen apeared (win XP) and after rebooting computer I saw bootblock's message.
But in my case, bootblock was trying to scan my HARDdrive for bios image and it seams to me, that it was realy doing it, because there was some kind of scanning progress indicator. However it didn't find anything.
It didn't read diskete to.

Did anyone manage to solve this problem?
Are those file with extension *.f1. *.f2 and so on bios images? If not, where can I find bios image for motherboard?

Thank you in advance.
Twinsen
KURIAKI

More than 100,000 BIOS strings in my database just now!
http:/ /www.kuriaki.has.it/
http:/ /www.supportbios.info
------------------------------------------
Saludos desde Cancun, Mexico
KURIAKI