It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:14 pm

News News of Do you have a BIOS problem?

Site map of Do you have a BIOS problem? » Forum : Do you have a BIOS problem?

Need advice on BIOS upgrade for an Acer laptop

Hello.

I would appreciate it if somebody could tell me why the following occurs and whether a BIOS upgrade from esupport could possibly fix the problem.

I have an Acer Aspire 1705SMi with latest BIOS 3C13.

According to the manual, because of some unspecified design considerations, it uses the primary IDE channel for CD/DVD and the secondary for the hard disk.

Its original Matshita DVD-RA UJ-811 broke down so I took it to the store ...
Read more : Need advice on BIOS upgrade for an Acer laptop | Views : 3081 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Notebook BIOS and other problems

PC100 SDRAM Module Identification

Where can I get modules;

1 of PC100 64MB SDRAM
1 of PC100 128MB SDRAM

replaced under warranty repair?

The manufacturer decal (label) is ATA.
Both these DIMMs have failed..
Read more : PC100 SDRAM Module Identification | Views : 2513 | Replies : 1 | Forum : RAM compatibility with BIOS

Unreliable Startup

Hi folks. I have an Intel 915 GAV boxpacked board with 2 GB DDR ram, 80 GB SATA drive. A few days back I have started having a rather peculiar problem. The computer starts the moment I switch on the main power supply on the mains switchboard, it does not wait for me to press the power switch on the computer. Sometimes the system does not start at all thought the green LED present on ...
Read more : Unreliable Startup | Views : 857 | Replies : 4 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

MS-6368 Motherboard with RAM greater than 512 Mb?

I have MS-6368 Pentium 3 socket 370 mobo, the manual say that it support max 1 Gb Ram, but when I installed 512 and 128 Mb PC133 ram, the WIndows hang and the pc keep restarting itself. Please help.
Read more : MS-6368 Motherboard with RAM greater than 512 Mb? | Views : 5297 | Replies : 2 | Forum : RAM compatibility with BIOS

TP Geniuses! How to manually set HDD parameters on TP600?

I am 'converting' several TP600s to digital picture frames. Am using DSL in 'frugal' mode to drive the machines & image viewer, and to periodically poll for (& load) any new images that appear on any usb drive that is plugged in.
My image works fine---now I'm replacing the IDE hard drives with IDE/
Compact Flash adapters & 256MB Lexar CF chips.

TP600 #1 works flawlessly. Removed the HDD, installed adapter & CF card, booted, ...

Lenovo C100 - BIOS Mini PCI Whitelist - Help requested.

Just throwing this out to the masses for some asssistance.

The Lenovo C100 officially only supports 2 WiFi cards in the Mini PCI bay, one is Broadcom based, the other, Intel Pro 2200. I really need to get an Atheros card under the bonet for maximum cross platform compatbility (Linux, XP and OSx86).

The BIOS is provided by Insyde. As of yet I am having difficulty even extracting the contents of the ROM.

The latest ...

512 recognized as 386 in windows XP

Emachine Intel Celeron D
533mhz FSB
its a single DDR 512mb chip Im afraid to open the case to get the name brand and board spec as it will break the QA sticker and void my warrany.

The Bios however detects the stick as 512. Just once in windows it says its only 386. :/
Read more : 512 recognized as 386 in windows XP | Views : 2365 | Replies : 1 | Forum : RAM compatibility with BIOS

Won't boot from Floppy or HDD, just NIC! HELP

Hello everyone,
This is my first post here, so a big hello to all :D

I have a HMwent thin client industrial PC with a Boser HS-4500 motherboard. The manufacturer flashed the BIOS so that it boots only from the network card. It does not boot from the floppy or the HDD. BIOS has etherboot on it.

How to solve this problem? ...
Read more : Won't boot from Floppy or HDD, just NIC! HELP | Views : 994 | Replies : 4 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

HP USB ports. HELP

I have a HP pavilion a210n and the front usb ports have been working fine since i ever bought it. Then two months later, the front USB ports stopped working suddenly. I have checked the cables in my computer and they all seem to be connected but just to be sure i gave it a light push. What could be wrong?

My motherboard details:

Motherboard ID: 31891.HPD.0000.D.0304251530
Motherboard name: TriGem Glendale
RAM: 512 MB
Read more : HP USB ports. HELP | Views : 7883 | Replies : 17 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

DDR DIMM Warranty Return Problem

Req some help identifying a DDR DIMM.

Elixir M2U51264DS8HB3G-75B 512MB DDR-266 MHz CL2.5.

The problem is the shop where purchased has closed.
Require to source distributor of the DIMM instead.
Live in the UK.

The DIMM has a label with barcode stating warranty void if removed.
The label has a decal detailing a blue (hatched) letter O with
a solid blue T inside but to the right of the letter O.

The DIMM has failed. ...
Read more : DDR DIMM Warranty Return Problem | Views : 2947 | Replies : 5 | Forum : RAM compatibility with BIOS

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 55794 • Total topics 10949 • Total members 9668