It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:09 pm

News News of Do you have a BIOS problem?

Site map of Do you have a BIOS problem? » Forum : Do you have a BIOS problem?

ASUS P2B-DS + 256MB Kingston RAM

Hi,

i have a ASUS P2B-DS Board running latest Bios of Award (1014). I think it's the latest.

Actually the new Kingston 256MB Ram is just detected as 128MB.
It's a module with 8 chips single sided. The product is listed as
KVR133X64C2/256.

Is there any posibility to get the whole module running? Changing is
not possible, cause the german dealer especially excludes RAM from
changing or givin back.

Hope for help!
Thanks at all! ...
Read more : ASUS P2B-DS + 256MB Kingston RAM | Views : 2179 | Replies : 3 | Forum : RAM compatibility with BIOS

content 'startup-disk' after bad flash

I've destroyed my bios, my box won't start up (black screen, beeping), but it does search for and reads the floppydrive. I have read that before hotflashing I can try to boot from floppy, but what files should be on that floppy. just the normal boot-files (won't work, have tried that), a special program maybe? I have read that I should put a file on there and rename it to amiboot.rom, but what file should ...
Read more : content 'startup-disk' after bad flash | Views : 913 | Replies : 1 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

when reflash bios i keep getting ERROR cant find bios' hook

i have a SiS 5598 board with a bios that spits out a checksum error on bootup; but the boot block still works and i can boot in real mode dos from a disk, but when i try to reflash the bios using Aflash or pflash i get an the message ERROR! cant find bios' hook. the program doesnt even start up.

can anyone help me?
Read more : when reflash bios i keep getting ERROR cant find bios' hook | Views : 1180 | Replies : 1 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

shutdown problem in winXP Pro

Hi,
I need help when im trying to shutdown my winXP pro it goes to hibernation and i have to swtich off monitor .What i have to do .
thnx :?

regards
Danish
Read more : shutdown problem in winXP Pro | Views : 2868 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Power Management problems

bad bios flash...help needed

i flashed my BIOS - yes Rainbow , the one you've helped me to flash , it finaly worked...- well i flashed it the first time and it worked , then the second time i changed the epa logo and flashed it...when i flashed it (with UNIFLASH) i got a warning "bootlock mismatch"..but i choose yes to flash the bios file anyway...i restarted the pc and i got no img @ the monitor , i ...
Read more : bad bios flash...help needed | Views : 1260 | Replies : 1 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

Award Bootblock bios v1.0 Need Help bad

I keep getting an BIOS ROM checksum error... I have been trying to read up on this problem on this web page but had no luck yet. I tried downloading a bios file from the board manufacturer (ABIT VL-6) but I had no luck.. I extrated the files onto the floppy but everytime I boot up my pc with the floppy I get sound like its doing something but it never stops and nothing happens ...
Read more : Award Bootblock bios v1.0 Need Help bad | Views : 1937 | Replies : 1 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

No Video

Hey all-
This problem just happend recently.
Whenever i try to boot my computer up, it sounds like all the drives work fine and everything but i get no video. I reseated my vid card, ram, etc. which did nothing. I also took every component out that wasnt required, but still nothing. I also reset the CMOS but that didnt help. Thinking it was the processor, i switched out the processor with another one but ...
Read more : No Video | Views : 1434 | Replies : 5 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

Soltek SL-63AV+ Problem

Today I try to update BIOS in the Soltek SL-63AV+ mobo:
693-596-W977T-2A6LGSNIC-00
date: 11/23/1999
version: 02.10
OEM: Soltek
Chip: SST 39SF020 /5V.
Utility: AwardFlash 7.88 (Awdfl788.exe).
New Bios: 63av+-e5.bin.

This utility made well old copy. Then I try to restore BIOS from this old copy (well done too). However when I try to upgrade the new BIOS PC stop runnidg at half time programming. Now my PC is dead! The floppy drive don't work too. ...
Read more : Soltek SL-63AV+ Problem | Views : 1457 | Replies : 4 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

BIOS VOLTAGE - argh...

I think I tried to boot...
okay, I KNOW I tried to boot with an improper bios voltage setting. I have an ecs K7vta3 1.0 Motherboard with a phoenix (award) bios installed. Well, my computer was crashing like mad, and wouldent boot, which is VERY VERY odd for my system. it's been up and running fine for MONTHS AND MONTHS on end.
Anyway, I think what happened was I was having trouble booting into windows, ...
Read more : BIOS VOLTAGE - argh... | Views : 1204 | Replies : 6 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

Is my desk pro dead ?

It seems my daughter changed something in the F-10 setup. Now all it will do is make noise, on video or other life.. I tried esc during power up & reloading rom paq from compaq. Nothing helps.....

Please help.. :x :?:
Read more : Is my desk pro dead ? | Views : 4617 | Replies : 2 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 55793 • Total topics 10949 • Total members 9667