AheadClickM9/Mitac 8575 Notebook only display if Iresetbios

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
drek
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have an Ahead Click M9 Series notebook (www.ahead.es), I know that it's exactly as Mitac MiNote 8575.

The notebook is a Pentium 4 2Ghz with SIS650+SIS961 chipset and Insyde software Bios with version v1.02 (Bios it`s a PLCC32 model SST39SF020(A) 64x4k(256k))

In a system reboot, the notebook no display nothing until I open it and reset the bios. When the bios is reseted CMOS Failure settings appears in display and automatically enter in bios, but I only can leave the bios push "Esc" immediately enter in bios, if I make anything changes and push Save and exit or exit without save or power down, the system no display nothing.

If I push "Esc" the system try to boot, but the harddisk and DVD sometimes are detected and others not and although they are detected not runs properly. I only can boot using Net Boot PXE image. I have try to update the bios but the bios utility no runs properly by the utility or the bios chip? I don´t know it. Also I try uniflash utility but the program shows rare symbols in the right inferior corner just like if I try save the current bios in file and I only can reboot or power down and try another thing in 2 o 3 hours when bios reset (I have clear the bios battery for I don´t open the notebook every time, although I have try update the bios with putting bios battery).

I try too power on without Hard disk and DVD but I get the same described problem. somebody can help me?? some idea? :idea: :?:

Thanks!! :D
Sharedoc
Notebook Genius

Unfamiliar with the type of laptop and bios so it is difficult to understand what is the cause of problems.

(1) try booting without bios battery, if symptoms are similar, then replace battery.

(2) Try booting without RAM memory, and observe if bios detects missing memory error.

(3) try booting without harddisk, and observe if bios detects missing harddisk

Please report your findings
drek
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi!

thanks for answer me but I have now another problem more serious than the other. I tried to probe booting with and without bios battery, hardisk, DVD, RAM, and the symptoms are similar and no listen any beep. Without the hardisk the bios not detected it, with the hardisk rarely was detected and not run properly.

But as I said, now I have another problem. The notebook has a keyboard bios chip and a system bios chip. The flash utility for system bios not write the chip, the utility for keyboard bios run properly (I think this) but I tried and option of the keyboard bios utility that said aprox update 2nd uP and keyboard. The utility stops at 6% of write keyboard bios and now the system not power on, only two steady lights the power on and the AC adapter.

I have to rewrite the keyboard bios chip, but its not a simple plcc and its soldered. If somebody know anything about keyborad bios chips please report me.

Thanks!
Sharedoc
Notebook Genius

Based on your description, I suspect the original problem was CMOS battery weak or dead.

Sorry, looks really bad now. Without keybord you can do pretty much nothing.

I think the only hope is if there is a way to flash the keyboard bios using some kind of command file from boot floppy.

Looks like the next logical step is to go for service desk of the dealer and ask how much a new motherboard would cost.

If it is too expensive look for similar motherboard or broken laptop in eBay.