amilo 7010 and winsetup problem

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
Johnyw
New visitors - please read the rules.

i have fujitsu siemens amilo pro v 7010 laptop,i`ve just bought it.ithere is only one thing wrong, when i boot up the computer with win xp home cd setup goes only to the screen .... press enter to continue, r to .... and f3 to quit.i though that is a foulty laptop but i`ve exchange it in the shop and on the new one is the same problem.i think that it`s conected witch bios somehow please help me.i`m afraid that i have the newest bios.inside is pentium4 3.06g
Sharedoc
Notebook Genius

Fujitsu-Siemens sells their laptops with operating system installed, so if you want to buy it XP installed you should specify the operating system you want when ordering your laptop.

Now I cannot figure out exactly what is the problem. I understood that you try to boot from Windows XP installation CD and it does not work.

To be honest, I would not mess around with a brand new laptop, I would just use it for 3 years while it is still good and start playing when it becomes old and tired...
Johnyw

thats true, but the thing is that i`ve pay for pentium 4 3.06ht dwd rewriter-/+ and ati radeon 9000 560 pounds, with was wery sensible price i think and i realy would like to keep the notebook. like i said i was trying to boot up the computer with windows cd and i was trying to start new instalation on the one with comes from factory already instaled. once but only once setup goes without problems on the firs one.there is no technikal support on fujitsu web site, nothing sensible.in the shop after small fight i get exchange.now i`m at the same point with the new one. i can`t find other people with the same problem.so what shall i do now?get rid of my fujitsu, or beter try to repair it sending back to service, what would you do?today i found another ,unknown brand gerikom for 999 with 1024 ddr ram 533, g-force 6600, tv tuner 8x dvd duble layer rewriter , bluetooth class 1.configuration is impressive but the brand...
could you just advice me?
Sharedoc
Notebook Genius

I still don't understand WHY you want to install operating system again? If you want to install new hardware, there is no need to install operating system.

If there is something wrong with the laptop and the operating system, you can just take it back to the dealer and ask them to fix any problem you have.

Fujitsu-Siemens laptops are professional quality laptops. I know it because I am using F-S laptop in my office and I am very happy with it.

If you buy a plastic, squeqing, rattling, smelling cheapo laptop with warranty as long as taillights are visible, you are propably going to hate the piece in 6 months.
Johnyw

for now i don`t have to reinstal windows - true.i just don`t like think that if i would like to do so i couldn`t.
so the other words forget gericom and try service warranty because f s is worth it, am i right?
Sharedoc
Notebook Genius

Well, this is the way I would go in your shoes, but of course final choice depends on how they treat you at the service desk.
williari

I had this problem with my amilo 7010. When booting from the Windows CD try pressing 'F5' , it will ask you what kind of setup you want (Standard or Other) choose standard and hey presto!

Let me know if this works.

Regards
Rich