Board index Do you have a BIOS problem? Notebook BIOS and other problems Mini PC using notebook parts BIOS help!!

Mini PC using notebook parts BIOS help!!

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
Post Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:22 am
dwayneseah New visitors - please read the rules.
Recommended by Wim's BIOS... BIOS Agent scan: Upgrade your BIOS! DriverMax is the number one driver updater for Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista or XP

Post Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:22 am
dwayneseah New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi, I have an aopen mp-945 pc. It is a tiny book sized PC using notebook components. I recently tried to update the bios to a new version and windows froze. now my bios is wiped out and I can't use the computer. It is a Phoenix Bios, the chip says D686 on it. It seems like a common type of bios chip. Basically the computer only has 2 USB ports and 1 firewire for input.

Can I use the crisis recovery tool from phoenix? I am not sure if the computer can recognize my USB keyboard right now because the BIOS is wiped out. to use the recovery tool I have to press and hold down Wnd-key + B to begin the recovery process.

I read that I can hook up a usb flobby with the files on a disk. I just don't know whether the issue with the usb keyboard will work. most laptops have built-in keyboards so that was never really an issue. I dont have a keyboard :(

let me know guys

Post Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:16 pm
Joe Chip off the ol' block

What are the markings of the chip under the sticker?

Recommended tools for finding BIOS Updates... BIOS Agent scan: Upgrade your BIOS! DriverMax finds the latest driver versions needed for your PC and downloads them.

Return to Notebook BIOS and other problems