Asus P4S800-MX-S (Maxdata)

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
Blubster
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi everyone!

I have an old maxdata computer, with a special P4S800-MX-S motherboard.
I doesn't support 1680x1050, and i would like to know if someone could mod me a bios for this...

I have a link to the latest bios for this motherboard (can't put a link, since i have under 10 posts...), which is, again, special, as it uses an AMI bios (512k), instead of an AWARD bios (256k), therefore the standard bios from the original P4S800-MX can't be used on this one.
I can attach the ROM file if needed (the file i linked is the original extractor from Maxdata).
cp
BIOS Guru

would be nice if someone with a real floppy drive could unpack the bios and upload it somewhere (megaupload, etc.)
the archiver doesn't like virtual floppies *sigh*

bios is here
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.
Blubster

I found a floppy, and wrote the bios on it.
I still can't provide links, but i uploaded the bios on megaupload, with id : 1H680MX6, if someone want to take a lot at it...

It looks like this bios may be compatible with widescreen resolutions (which the 1008-1 that I tested is not), as i am able now to use 1680x1050 successfully.

No information about that though in the changelog... Weird...

I have used the floppy in order to update the bios, i don't know if asus update would have worked (with the .ROM file), but was not really willing to try... :)

The thread can be locked, as my issue is now solved.
Alberto1

Hi, hoping to solve too I am desperate to look for PS800-MX-S (MAXDATA) motherboard bios file, I saw you have it. Could you send it to me, I would be very grateful.
Blubster

Hi,
Sorry I cannot help you with this, I no longer have access to this computer as it was in a place I worked a long time ago, I left there in 2013... I have not kept any files from that place...
Best of luck though! This computer was a big pain to work with...
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

what version do you have right now? I'll see if I can find a newer one.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...