Search found 5 matches

by 3dfx
Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:45 pm
Forum: In-depth High-tech BIOS section
Topic: Option ROM and UEFI issues
Replies: 13
Views: 12111

Re: Option ROM and UEFI issues

Both the installation DVD (genuine) and the installed version halt at startup. But I didn't have the time to check why. Maybe its just some kind of partitioning or master/slave /primary/slave issue. The IT8212F supports 48bit LBA and the PATA disk seems to work OK. There are 3 HDDs on this system - ...
by 3dfx
Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:40 pm

OK, sorry for double posting, but I have some progress. I downloaded the BIOS for the GA-7n400p2 motherboard. It has integrated IT8212 controller. I extracted the IT8212 BIOS, fixed the checksums and flashed it to the controller. The controller boots fine, I can even boot from a HDD attached to it. ...
by 3dfx
Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:29 pm

Thanks for the reply :) Innovision DM-8401r (their support didn't answer to my e-mail) I don't have other RAID controller, but from ASRock claim that RocketRAID 152 is working fine. I'm going to order a Silicon Image 0680 based PATA Controller but it will take another couple of weeks to arrive. I ha...
by 3dfx
Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:24 pm

Option ROM and UEFI issues

Hello everybody! I am having problems in executing one specific Option ROM on a UEFI based Asrock z68 Pro3 motherboard. When installed one IT8212F based RAID controller prevents the whole system from booting. The same RAID controller works fine on every other (non-UEFI) motherboard that I tried. The...