Search found 6 matches

by alecford
Fri Jun 06, 2003 12:41 am
Forum: Other BIOS update issues.
Topic: Biostar M5ATC Rev 1.0 Bios Problem
Replies: 12
Views: 5620

I was using the latest AWDFLASH 7.87d from the Award site. I maybe should have said thing didn’t go perfectly and the system froze a couple of times in AWDFLASH between saying don’t turn off and actually writing anything so I had to turn off but it all worked out in the end. I had to Flash twice bec...
by alecford
Thu Jun 05, 2003 9:38 am

I Used the award Flasher, would you suggest something else might be better?
by alecford
Thu Jun 05, 2003 4:10 am

Well KachiWachi sent me his Bios file and it had the same problem as my old file :( , a seemingly good flash (checksum 1fff) but on reboot a Bios checksum error and I needed my ISA video card again to recover.

Should I go and get a new Eprom chip and hot swap & flash if necessary?
by alecford
Wed Jun 04, 2003 7:02 am

I tried Bios setup defaults – several times & various changes to no effect. The physical configuration is unchanged from before Bios upgrades(Primary Master, Secondary Master & CD as Secondary Slave. I should say CD is detected by Bios at startup but not by Windows. I have also tried various UDMA se...
by alecford
Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:50 pm

Biostar M5ATC Rev 1.0 Bios Problem

My problems started when I wanted to put a 40Gb disk with a Biostar M5ATC Board. It hung on autodetect, this I now know is a bug in the original Award Bios. I upgraded to the Bios with the update from the Biostar site but had problems getting into windows (95C & 98), hanging when putting icons on th...