Search found 6 matches

by Aristoi
Tue May 20, 2003 4:43 pm
Forum: My motherboard is dead
Topic: Tried to Flash, but Failed, now BIOS ROM Checksum Error
Replies: 11
Views: 8005

Yes i have an Athlon 800 cpu. Thanks for the help. OK i took the covers off the case, i have a single bios chip. I found the jumper you talked about and downloaded the manual from chaintech to know which on the JP7 is. I unplugged the power to the case, moved the jumper to 2-3 for 5 minutes. The flo...
by Aristoi
Tue May 20, 2003 6:56 am

Well i was unsuccessful, i tried changing several different utilities in 7.xx and just renaming them to AWDFLASH.EXE, and it still would not take. The Chaintech website's troubleshooting section for "Erase Chip Fail" or other error message indicating a failed update attempt shows up suggests: 1)Your...
by Aristoi
Tue May 20, 2003 12:54 am

Re: Tried to Flash, but Failed, now BIOS ROM Checksum Error

1) awd535.exe ??!?? Very very old flashprog > Does Chaintech advise to use this flashprog or do they support a newer one ? I got it from Chaintechs website and there was a part under the update instructions that said that 5.33 and 5.35 were the most current flash utilities. Must be an old link or i...
by Aristoi
Mon May 19, 2003 8:50 pm

Thanks I will give it a try tonight and post my results.
by Aristoi
Mon May 19, 2003 7:04 pm

Tried to Flash, but Failed, now BIOS ROM Checksum Error

I need some serious help to get my home PC up and running again. BIOS ID String: 4/12/2000-8371-686A-TA6LKC0CC-00 I thought my motherboard was a Chaintech 7ATA, but when i tried flashing with a current version it did not take. Since i have been having trouble with my USB and the BIOS settings changi...