Search found 5 matches

by AtullGupta
Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:31 am
Forum: My motherboard is dead
Topic: Awdflash messed up my Award v.656vxd BIOS Upgrade to M5.0
Replies: 13
Views: 11640

UPDATE - IT IS WORKING ON THE OTHER BIOS CHIP AGAIN

Stranqe things, PC's - I tried switching on again - with nothing happening. I left the PC on for about 2 mins. I then hear a high pitched buzzing sound - which I think comes from the floppy (the original one). Thinking that this is an omen, I turn off the PC and turn it on again, and voila! The PC c...
by AtullGupta
Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:57 am

Success followed by failure and confusion

Hello, I am now even more unsure what is going on. When I first reported the problem, I decided to get myself a replacement Award BIOS chip, as I believed that it might come in handy. This arrived before I placed this post today. I took your advice and replaced the floppy disk drive with a new one, ...
by AtullGupta
Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:04 am

Now the floppy drive doesn't seem to work

To make a bad problem even more confusing - I followed the instructions on the uniflash website for the bios autoexec execution on floppy disk. I created a win 98 boot disk with system files, the uniflash program and the bios file "vxd-m50.bin". In the autoexec.bat file, I typed in the line: @unifla...
by AtullGupta
Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:10 am

Awdflash messed up my Award v.656vxd BIOS Upgrade to M5.0

Please help, I HAD a BIOS with the following settings of information: Award Software Inc, ROM PCI/ISA BIOS Version 4.51G V.656VXD M3.4 08-25-1997 i430VX BIOS REVISION: 2A59GJ1DC-00 From looking at www.wimbios.com with the AWARD BIOS ID's, I found that the motherboard was a Jetway J-656-VXD with an i...