Search found 5 matches

by basix
Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:18 pm
Forum: Other BIOS update issues.
Topic: CMOS Battery low...
Replies: 2
Views: 3711

CMOS Battery low...

Recently my Zida Tomato 5SVA motherboard died *after* a long and very tough struggle updating my BIOS. I got a old board Pentium 1 board from my friend. It's supposed to be Tomato TX-100 board with AMI BIOS. The board works fine but there is just one problem. During the POST the display shows either...
by basix
Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:52 pm
Topic: Pentium I BIOS trouble...
Replies: 5
Views: 4745

Thanks for all your help. I just want to know one more thing. Where could I find the manual for my motherboard? Zida's website has a broken link :(. I don't know whether I need to reconfigure some of the jumpers inorder to program the new BIOS while hot swapping...Do have any idea? I can see some ju...
by basix
Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:09 am

zonxar, thank you VERY MUCH for your help :D. I struggled a hell lot to get that motherboard out of the case. I got hold of the following info: Tomato Board P/N 00-5SVA-20AX-P0 MI - 886PB 0398 S/N 24716186 5SVA-256K So it definitely is a Tomato board but dunno whether the manufacturer is Zida (since...
by basix
Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:35 pm

Pentium I BIOS trouble...

The other day I was trying to get my old pentium I working as a router. I installed Linux and it went well. But then after a few reboots I started getting a message "Checksum error, defaults loaded". But this message wouldn't go away. So I thought may be the dust is interfering with the BIOS. So I t...