Search found 8 matches

by belle
Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:17 pm
Forum: Other BIOS update issues.
Topic: BIOS file
Replies: 14
Views: 6760

BIOS

FIrst, thanks to every one for their responses and help. I received the chip and had it installed by a technician. It was an upgraded BIOS and now the computer is back in operation. Not sure if the tech did it or it was sent to me that way. It wasn't noted on my receipt from the tech that flashing w...
by belle
Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:14 am

BIOS

Just wanted to let everyone know I received the chip a few days ago but will have to wait until tomorrow to get it installed. I couldn't find a center that wanted to do this. I was about to give up but finally found a company that didn't feel threatened by the mention of BIOS chip. After I get t his...
by belle
Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:34 am

BIOS file

Not yet. but I have downloaded the file. I haven't received the new chip. It should be here if not tonight, tomorrow. Besides attempting the flash again I still have to stick that thing in the socket. I'm hesitant and although the computer is 5-1/2 years old it works just fine but I think things mig...
by belle
Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:35 am

BIOS file

I'm sorry. Yes I was upgrading to a larger hard drive. I installed an 80gb drive but it wouldn't detect the full capacity until a overlay software was installed. After that when logging on just gettng to the Windows logo screen just seemed to take longer and it always had to display Overlay Software...
by belle
Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:04 am

BIOS file

Thanks to ajzchips for your assistance. Denniss thank you also for letting me know about that file. I am going to contact them. I realize there are risks with upgrading the BIOS but if it starts with the wrong file then that is a problem. The reason I went through esupport was because I was confused...
by belle
Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:09 am

Thanks. I'll download and give it another try.

I've downloaded and extracted the file and was wondering is there anything else I need to add. The reason I ask is because the file from esupport showed a few files like an autoexec, bflash, in addition to the .bin file.
by belle
Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:31 am

BIOS file

I purchased a BIOS file from esupport.com for an A-Trend ATC-6240. The file sent to me was 2A69KA2B.bin. It didn't work and of course the pc isn't booting. In the course of running the program I got a message referencing the size of the files were or were not the same. I just continued with the flas...