Search found 5 matches

by bence8810
Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:03 am
Forum: BIOS Utilities & Flash Programs
Topic: Backup BIOS with phlash.exe
Replies: 8
Views: 23492

Hi Thanks for the Reply. In that case, how do I repair my BIOS Chip? I desoldered it with a technicial, burned the BIOS image into the CHIP with the EEPROM. This was the 568KB file. But the technician said, the CHIP is 3/4 empty, because it is a 2MB chip. At this stage, we resoldered the Chip to the...
by bence8810
Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:14 am

Hi If you say so, than I guess I have a problem. I need o get 2MB from my Chip. If you say, that I can back up full of my BIOS onto a flopy, then it isnt getting everything out of the CHIP. How can I get all information from my chip? People say, that this chip contains information about Model specif...
by bence8810
Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:56 pm

Hi

Yes, that would have worked, but the BIOS file is exactly 2MB, and that will not fit on a floppy.

What could the problem have been? He said, the Cursor was just blinking, and no progress shown.

Thanks

Ben
by bence8810
Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:44 pm

Backup BIOS with phlash.exe

Dear Forum, This is my first post, I had a very bad deal with a Picturebook's BIOS. I flashed it, and now it is trash. I sent it to the US, where a person will try to repair my BIOS, as Sony doesnt provide the Full flash for the BIOS, only an upgrade for it. My BIOS chip is a 2MB Fujitsu, and the BI...