Abit LX-6C (i440LX chipset - 2A69JA1AC-7T): Rainbow's patch

Discusses BIOS flashers and utilities from Award, AMI and Uniflash
__spc__
BIOS Newbie

Hello again,

Having successfully flashed Rainbow's patch for my Abit LX6C m'board, I have encountered a new issue, which I'm sure is easily resolved, but the solution for which is not immediately obvious to me:

Previously, on shutting down Win XP, my machine would automatically power off. Now, i'm left with the 'Safe to switch off' message. This is annoying, not least because my machine, bizarrely, has an on-switch, NOT an on/off-switch. I now have to switch the machine of at the wall.

I'm sure this is just a consequence of the BIOS-flash changing a setting in the BIOS, but I don't which one?

Can anyone help?

Cheers, Steven.
Always strugglin' to keep up...
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Cleared CMOS and loaded Setup/Performance Defaults in Bios after your Biosflash ?
ACPI and Power Management enabled in bios ?
__spc__
BIOS Newbie

Denniss wrote:Cleared CMOS and loaded Setup/Performance Defaults in Bios after your Biosflash ?
Yes...and no.
Denniss wrote:ACPI and Power Management enabled in bios ?
Most definitely no.

Thanks for this - I'll check/action tonight.

Cheers,

Steven. :wink:
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

__spc__ wrote:my machine, bizarrely, has an on-switch, NOT an on/off-switch. I now have to switch the machine of at the wall.
Have you tried pressing the on-switch and holding it in for 4 seconds ?
__spc__
BIOS Newbie

Hi NickS,

No - not yet, since I never had to before. However, the manual says this about this action;

"Power Button Override: Support ACPI Power Button Over-ride. The user presses the power button for more then four seconds while the system is in the working state, then the system will transition to the soft-off(Power off by software). This is called the power button over-ride."

As a short term fix it will do (just one more thing to instruct the kids to do!).

Incidentally, I've tried loading BIOS defaults etc...

Cheers,

Steven. :roll:
__spc__
BIOS Newbie

Got it sussed!

The BIOS flash reset the APM to 'disabled' in the BIOS. Win XP then detetcted no APM available.

Solution: Enable APM in BIOS, then re-enable in XP; all's back to normal.

Cheers,

Steven. :twisted: