Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe Corrupted Bios and need a flash utility

Discusses BIOS flashers and utilities from Award, AMI and Uniflash
BladeX
Super-duper Dumbass

yes... i am using windows xp and also created the bootdisk in XP.
Drak
New visitors - please read the rules.

To check the floppy

Start > My Computer > Right Click Floppy Drive > Properties > Tools > Error Checking > Check Now > Select both options > Run The Scan
Drak

I really Just want to rule out that a bad floppy is not being used. Especially Since it gave you that FDD Error in AWD FLASH.
BladeX
Super-duper Dumbass

im going to see if i can contact Dos-Freak... I'll keep you posted if i get any good result. Thanks Drak!!!
Drak

No Prob

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!
Ritchie
BIOS Guru

I think CHKDSK does only fairly basic tests. I would be tempted to run scandisk on the floppy with a surface scan, which will actually test not only for FAT or file corruption, but also test the physical surface of the whole of the disk to establish whether it thinks it can be written and read to/from ok.

This surface test is not actually thorough enough for my liking, but if you have any doubts about the floppy produce another boot floppy that is known good, using a known good image on this for your BIOS.
PeteV
BIOS Rookie

Hi!

Is your Award Boot Block flash problem still actual?

The dos-freak's procedure may be the best and right solution for you. But, if it doesn't work, could there be some small mistake on the commands/parameters ...

Anyway, if nothing else helps, why not to try a simple "UniFlash".

Best regards,

Pete V.