Bad AMI Bios updated crashed computer

Discusses BIOS flashers and utilities from Award, AMI and Uniflash
sky2000
New visitors - please read the rules.

I updated my AMI bios for a ECS motherboard P4S5MG/GL+ and the original bios was dated 2001, I updated according to ECS website and my board to 2002. After updating.. and stupidly without a backing up ( I didn't know how), my computer wouldn't boot. Can this be fixed? Can the bios be reset or restored by floppy?
Noel
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Are you absolutely sure you picked a Bios matching your board name and board revision?
ECS often uses some cryptic model names with several board revisions and often they all require their own Bios. Sometimes they even have plus and non-plus versions.
sky2000

Thanks Denniss, The information was very confusing I believed I was using the correct update. I rallyneed a rom writer to re-write the bios with the original info.. too costly eg.. travel & fuel, cost to have agent send board and chip away and then their charge.. so it would be cheaper to update board. I shouldn't have taken such a risk.. burnt once with bios.. never again if it's not broken. Noel.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

$30 with free shipping worldwide:
http://www.badflash.com/
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
sky2000

Thanks Edwin, I have aquired another P4 motherboard to get the computer back up and running.. until I can afford to buy the bios chip.. which is a great idea I thank you for.. I will have to shelve it for now. I did however, bookmark the websites you gave me.. these will be very helpful. Noel