Bios confing tool!

Discusses BIOS flashers and utilities from Award, AMI and Uniflash
nalli
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello.

I need to enable usb support for my award bios before i flasch the bios. My second pc has something wrong with its ps/2 connectors, so I need to enable the usb support on my firt machine with some program and then upgrade my second pc. I hope you understand what i'm trying to say.. :)

A program named Bioswiev.exe would be perfect, but it does not save the changes! Do you know any programs?! HELP!
a_user
Good ol' Boy

I think i must be missing something.... If you have USB ports on your 1st system and don't have them emabled. Why not just get into bios via del. Fx, Esc or what ever is need by your system and enable the appropiate features, save and reboot.

I assume that you what to hot flash the bios for the 2nd system?
Please use the Fourms for Bios Questions
and not my Email

Flashing is risky in any form!
nalli

You missunderstood. I must enable the usb support for my second pc on my first pc with some program... I cant enable usb support on my second system becose the ps/2 keyboard dosent work...

Ofcourse I know how to enable the usb-support in normal conditions...
a_user
Good ol' Boy

If it is an Award bios you might try Modbin. But, you need a copy of the bios so you can make the changes and reflash it.
Please use the Fourms for Bios Questions
and not my Email

Flashing is risky in any form!
soupy
Absentee administrator

Modbin.exe would be ideal. He should be able to make a boot diskette to save the BIOS on the 2nd machine (/Pn /Sy), modify the BIOS on the first machine to enable USB by defeult, then flash the 2nd machine with another boot disk.

This is assuming the 2nd PC supports USB to begin with...
Flash your BIOS at your own risk.
nalli

it supports usb, ofcourse. I tries modbin but I did not find the option to enable usb-subbort. The user interface in modbin is horrible!

Why can't anybody make a tool that lools just like the real bios? One that can save changes?!?
soupy
Absentee administrator

Modbin works very well, and it does save changes. You just need to be careful about placement of the settings if you're unhiding stuff.

What is your BIOS id? What is your OS? Have you tried just clearing the CMOS instead of flashing?
Flash your BIOS at your own risk.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Once in modbin with the file loaded press the F2 key. This will show you the regular setup screen. You can then enable the USB like you would do normally, "save the setup and exit" after which you can save the modified file in modbin.