Bios Patcher 4.51 for Intel

Discusses BIOS flashers and utilities from Award, AMI and Uniflash
SBeaver
New visitors - please read the rules.

I saw that Bios patcher 4.51 was out and I even got a copy of it but the one I found was only for AMD I think.
Does anyone here know the BP author or maybe he posts here so that I might get some info about if there is one coming up for Intel too and if any of these two versions will support 48-bit addressing of harddrives.
I tried posting at the BP forum but it was all in Russian and I don't think my post got through becuase I didn't understand what the buttons said.
sulbert
Master Flasher

SBeaver wrote:I saw that Bios patcher 4.51 was out and I even got a copy of it but the one I found was only for AMD I think.
It's a special beta version which can enable the sofware multiplier control feature for "mobile" AMD processors.
Although it should do the same job (without the /a option) as the earlier versions of BP, they recommend 4.23 for normal patching.
SBeaver

Yes I managed to get that info now from their board.
Still no go with my old bios though but newer ones work.
I might have to find some bioses from other makers instead and try if they work any better as soon as I can get my hands on a few extra 28pin eeproms och eproms
sulbert
Master Flasher

SBeaver wrote:Still no go with my old bios though but newer ones work.
What board's BIOS are you trying to patch?
SBeaver

sulbert wrote:
SBeaver wrote:Still no go with my old bios though but newer ones work.
What board's BIOS are you trying to patch?
It's a Dataexpert EXP4044.
I have a thread here about it:
http://www.wimsbios.com/phpBB2/viewtopi ... 4761#24761
Doesn't seem to work in any bios editing tool except modbin and modbin doesn't have many options. I can change the drive tables there but I doubt that is enough becuase I can change the drive tables in the actual bios setup and that doesn't do any good even if I enter the exact info of the drive and use it as User defined harddrive or if I just select LBA there I still get error code "harddisk failed" or something like that efter POST