BIOS Reprogrammer

Discusses BIOS flashers and utilities from Award, AMI and Uniflash
tenacious
New visitors - please read the rules.

I am using the Jetway board as this is the only one that is displaying this message. I am mainlyt working on a solution to the jetway board as this is the newer board. I have tried different Variations with the CPU and MB that I have explained earlier.

Not much luck yet. Still reading, any ideas for other flashers?

Just a thought, before I attempt to build a reprogrammer (Version 2 from your link earlier) would there be any more of a chance of survival if I used a hardware programmer over a software one? ,e.g, AWDFLASH. Basically though my BIOS is f00ked, I can still boot from a floppy, so where people usually build Hardware programmer' s because they cant even turn their PC on they have to use this method. Is it worth me building a hardware programmer (other than the reason to reprogram my mates BIOS's when they flash theirs wrong :) )

Cheers, ']['enacious.
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

tenacious wrote:Is it worth me building a hardware programmer (other than the reason to reprogram my mates BIOS's when they flash theirs wrong :) )
Well, if you're into that sort of thing, why not ? I still have my old BBC Micro EPROM programmer, but I think it needs a software upgrade to handle EEPROM ;)

Some Intel flash chips can provide a "write protect" facility, but if the board manufacturer provides a flash upgradable BIOS I wouldn't expect that to be the case.
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"