BIOS Savior for Intel 82802 chips

Discusses BIOS flashers and utilities from Award, AMI and Uniflash
oxbowarcher
New visitors - please read the rules.

I will most likely be using Intel D865 MOBO for a homebuilt PC. I will purchase the MOBO online so I won't know all the fine details until I get it. I would like to get something on which I can use BIOS Savior. Online I see the location of the 82802 chip on the MOBO. An 82802 document shows two possible packages: TSOP and PLCC. There is a voltage Vpp which is 3.3 volts. The storage is 4Mbit (512kB). I don't know how to find out if it will be socketed or soldered. Except for the package type and the socketed/soldered question, I think I know the other pertinent info. I need to select which model of the Savior I can use - apparently it is model RD1-PMC4.
QUESTION: is it possible they use package type TSOP on the MOBO? I would be out of luck in that case.

Also it seems the BIOS Savior people (IOSS) haven't updated their site recently, because their chart for Intel stops with the D845 MOBOs. I wonder why they don't list later MOBOs - such as the (already old) D865 that I plan to buy. The BIOS chip is the same on the D845 and D865 MOBOs. I have found sites with the RD1-PMC4 Savior for sale.

I would be greatful if someone here at Wim's could help me out with advice and/or experience.

Thanks. Bill S.
sunbirds
BIOS Rookie

TO intel865 perl mb bios

1. I can use uniflash to backup 1.rom
2. I can use amiflash864 to backup 2.rom

when I use ultracompare to compare them, there are some 24 bytes difference. I do't know why.