Change System Info in the BIOS

Discusses BIOS flashers and utilities from Award, AMI and Uniflash
wheels187
New visitors - please read the rules.

I am wanting to find out how to modify the BIOS to add the pc manufacturer and serial number to it. This is usually done in products by Toshiba, Dell, Compaq, etc... However, the pc's that we purchase are made from a local company. Most of them, if not all, are using the Award bios. I know about the utility MODBIN for Award Bios but I can not find information on how to modify the bios in the exact way to add this information. Any help is appreciated.

══> Type 1: System Information
Struc length is 25 bytes.
Struc handle is 0001h.
Manufacturer: TOSHIBA <====INFO I WANT TO EDIT/ADD
Product Name: TECRA A4 <====INFO I WANT TO EDIT/ADD
Version: PTA42U-015003 <====INFO I WANT TO EDIT/ADD
Serial Number: Y5112592Q <====INFO I WANT TO EDIT/ADD
Universal Unique ID #: D8925CD05D9211DAA70E00A0D12A0844
Wake-Up Type: Power Switch

Thanks in advance.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Where and how do you get this info? Is it the DMI table?
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
wheels187
New visitors - please read the rules.

I got this info using smbios.exe. I think that it might have come from the DMI table but I am not that knowledgeable in this area. We use software called TrackIt! for our computer inventory and their website says it scans a pc during its audit like this:

"Hardware information for the machine is scanned. This includes a call made to the BIOS of the machine through the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) service. Without this service installed, no BIOS information can be read.

The BIOS call collects the Service Tag or Serial Number if available in the industry standard location and makes that number the audited workstation's Workstation ID value. The BIOS call also collects information about the BIOS itself and the manufacturer and model of the machine if available."

Since the PC's we purchase do not contain this information when we receive them the inventory becomes a bit ugly as the serial number and other info is not populated.