Discusses BIOS flashers and utilities from Award, AMI and Uniflash
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Maybe check http://wims.rainbow-software.org - the M6VBE 693 has an -A
OEM-Bios for Fujitsu-Siemens
KachiWachi
The New Guy

OK...

My original BIOS was ATC1115D...11/14/97-ALi-154x-2A5KIB09C-00...so that makes sense Denniss. Board is an M5ATC Rev: 1.0, in a PIONEX case.

However, that still didn't fix my IRQ routing error...

Anyone ever see this before, and how could I find out if it really is bad? Windows seems happy, except for the CDROM problem...
Denniss
BIOS Guru

If I remeber correct some postings in one of the older Forums the IRQ routing error is"normal" with ALI IV boards - some kind of error in chipset or CTPCI .
Maybe AJZ remember this for the M560/565/575 boards based on ALI IV too .
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

I don't remember ever having had the IRQ routing problem on my M560 and M560TG boards.
KachiWachi
The New Guy

It appears that in ISTA's first POST, he showed that he had good data, although he hasn't replied to where he got that info as yet...

He does have a different revision of the 1531 than I do... he has a B3h while I have B2h. Our 1543's are the same...
ISTA
New visitors - please read the rules.

Ista is a She :D
and I was useing a program I beleive was labeled
PC-Check any Sys Dos

i tracked down a BIOS
http://www.bios-drivers.com/drivers/42/42853.htm
but it says exactly this :
BiosModel:08/19/97-ALi-154x-2A5KIB09C-00
mine currently says :
07/08/98 Ali 154x 2A5KIB09C 00
tell me the date does not make a difference PLZ! :?
Last edited by ISTA on Mon Nov 04, 2002 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ISTA

KachiWachi
I ( laughing at myself cause I forgot your question) ok found it
Are you running Win98SE, and if so, does your CDROM remember it's name in the Device Manager?
no it is Win 98 first ed. and it knows it has a CD, and what kind , it just wont shut fully down when you goto Start Shutdown (shutdown)
it acts like it might shutdown then goes back and reboots. making me cold shut down, loseing set time year ect... keeping all other data like programs and documents, but lately I have noticed Doucuments created on that computer saved to a floppy cannot be opened on another computer No matter what I do. either im told that Drive dose not exist or the file is currupted or disk is not in drive. maybe its haunted? Exorcist anyone?
KachiWachi
The New Guy

Sorry about the he/she :oops: ...

The later the BIOS date, the more features/bug fixes are usually included. So 07/08/98 is the last official release, but they do have a patched version here of that one if you need support for a >40GB Hard Drive.

If you wouldn't mind, find and download the program CTPCI.EXE, run it from DOS (Safe Mode prompt, no memory managers loaded), and let me know if you get the same error or not as I did.

Many things can cause the Windows shutdown problems...try all the Microsoft fixes first...
ISTA

cant find that exe for the CTPCI.EXE but checking out all the jumper settings and caps placment. looks like i was lucky to ever get this to boot up without the Computer police coming in and twacking me on the head :oops: on the J14 the HDD ATX were not in their proper jumper pins. the rest well lets say poor comp dinna know what to do. thank you all for your help, now what was that about a computer forgetting it has a CD drive? :lol: the other comp a AMD k 7 asus mother board
keeps putting a nono circle over it on the task bar. :? i am running win 98 2od ed on that one. any takers?
KachiWachi
The New Guy

I'm make a new thread for the other board...keep this one for the M5ATC... :D
ISTA

ok cause Lawd knows i got stuff happening that the tech's shake their heads at and say " that cant be doing that, its impossible" ha ha ( spookey.

BTW still cant shut down fully useing Start Shut down it geives me a abstract screen and wont shut off at all. till I physically push the power button then coming up it tells me it wasnt properly shut down
ISTA

ok. it is now keeping time and date current, it is still running slow, but still will not shut completely down after chooseing Start, shut down Shut down
it says its shutting down but displayes an abstract green screen and stays on, shutting down involves pushing the power button, which causes the computer upon starting it up again to say it was improperly shut down... helpith meeeee