Flash PC Chips M535? BIOS ID: 10/18/96-i430VX-10031996C-00

Discusses BIOS flashers and utilities from Award, AMI and Uniflash
dklein
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello.

I would like to Flash my BIOS to get larger HD support. I've been using my PC Chips M535 motherboard (Ol' Faithful) for many years and see no reason to get rid of it as it still works perfectly. I went to PC Chips website, downloaded the new BIOS file (for M530, compatable with M535 etc) & several Flash utilities but when I tried them out I got a "The program file's part number does not match with your system" message. Not wanting to destroy my computer through ignorance, I decided to stop right there. I've been reading some of the other threads and I noticed possible upgrades past 32/64 Gb HDs. If I could use a 120 Gb HD with my motherboard that would be great.

So, my questions are: What is the correct (or best) BIOS file for a PC Chips M535 motherboard? & What is the safest way of Flashing it without killing my motherboard?

Thanks.
KachiWachi
The New Guy

I have an M520, which uses the same BIOS as your M535. I was able to install the 101697 BIOS with no trouble. Just make sure you get the right version for your board (Long or Short). AJZ patched the original BIOS to 64GB, and it is available on Rainbow's patched BIOS site.

At one time, I had the 101697 BIOS patched to 128GB (and had some hidden options un-hidden), but was not able to try it. I think NickS did it for me, but I forget at the moment.

NickS...???