Flash will not verify

Discusses BIOS flashers and utilities from Award, AMI and Uniflash
reno
New visitors - please read the rules.

Any advice
I have a bios chip from an ASUS P4T533-C which is in the uniflash list of tested chips. I am trying to flash using an iWill MB P4GB the chipset also in the uniflash list of tested chipsets. When I flash the chip I get the message verify failed. This happened on my original chip and another I bought (thinking the chip was dead). Any suggestions, I did notice I have a bios protection jumper on the Iwill MB and it is set to controlled by bios. Should this be set to open:flashable using HW.
One last thing when I was done and I returned the bios chip to the iWill MB I got the no memory beep code which I eliminated by swapping around the memory sticks until it cleared.
Thanks for any responses
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Should this be set to open:flashable using HW.
yes

Check for bad capacitors on that Iwill board http://www.badcaps.net
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
reno

caps ae fine, will try opening flash jumper

thanks
reno

I tried again, both bios chips. I got the same result the flash will not verify on either chip.
What I did, to make sure everything was correct.
1) Turned off comp, unplugged and loosen bios chip
2) booted comp with boot diskette (uniflash on it)
3) once booted up removed original bios chip
4) repaced with chip to be flashed
5) ran uniflash
6) chose flash bios with bootblock
entered file pressed enter, press yes

Is there any thing I missed or other suggestions.
Where can I get the bootblock seperate would like to try flashing one at a time.
reno

Well still no luck so I thought I would do some testing. I can save an image from the chip I am trying to flash and I can save an image from my original chip and flash it to my new chip without problems. Still I cannot flash the bios file downloaded from Asus, I continually get verify failed. I downloaded every version of the flash for this board tried to flash and all with the same result.
Long shot but could the Asus files all be corrupt after all this is where my problem started.
sonichedgehog

This sounds a bit like an issue I am having, see thread just before this. I do not have a replacement chip at present but note that the only image I can uniflash to my chip is the factory bios (ie I am rewriting the backup image stored on the floppy. I have 2 other versions of mine now, and have also compiled an image from corebios. All are the correct size. In each case I get "verify failed". The MSI utility AWDFLASH or whatever isn't working either and really objects to corebios (as expected).

This board may have both specific and generic issues (corebios' testing indicates partial success, and their utility, "flashron", is deemed not to work on this board). So unless there is another utility to try, I won't be able to change this bios.
reno

I know someone who owns the same motherboard. I am hoping to copy his bios from his chip and try to flash this. As I posted this all started when I downloaded a bios from Asus. I have the motherboard install disk, unfortuantely it does not have the bios file on it.
Will post any results I get.
reno

While going through the rainbow site I came accross updates for version 1.39, which include, taken from the page
'added support for Asus flash interface! (-ASUS parameter) - with this, it should be possible to flash all newer Asus boards'
Should I be using -asus when loading uniflash?