Floppy Drive A media. Help please!

Discusses BIOS flashers and utilities from Award, AMI and Uniflash
Teh_One
New visitors - please read the rules.

Basicly, I formated a pc for a friend of mine. At the time his floppy wasnt working, I donn't know what happen but I somehow ended up removing the battery :X due to the floppy issues. After that i simply replaced the floppy for him, installed windows, and for 4 days everything was hand dandy, until today, he got this.

AWARD BOOTBLOCK BIOS v1.0
BIOS ROM Checksum Error
Detecting floppy drive A media

*Note unlike the previous topics that I searched here, i do not see this
"insert system disk and press enter. "

I only get what is written on the lines above. The light stays on on the floppy, nothing seems to respond when you press buttons on keyboard, just sticks to that screen. Iv read the other threads about trying to go into bios, and I can't. Iv tried F1 - F12, and Del. the thing is, with F12 which is the button for getting into the bios, it got me to this one screen and displayed this.

O-AS BIOS RADEON 92005E113-AA010

A9200SE BIOS Version v5964.8.15.58.AS01

And nothing would seem to respond here either.

His mother board is an ASUS A7N8X-X
cp
BIOS Guru

check the floppy cableing, maybe it's reversed.

nevertheless your friend managed to corrupt the bios of the board. it needs to be flashed or replaced. at this point it can be done by hotflashing or replacing the floppy drive with a working one and booting an emergency disk.
Denniss
BIOS Guru

It must no be the Bios itself corrupted, bad cache or bad RAM might cause the damage.
At each boot several parts of the Biso are copied onto lower parts of ram and then verified with a checksum. Bad cahe or bad RAM may cause this to be corrupted. Try with only one stick of memory and see what happens.
Teh_One

Umm.. i found this website, but I don't quite understand what to do. Im preety sure this is the solution to this sort of problem.

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/jefn/bootblock.html

The part that I don't understand is everything above this paragraph

"Several users have reported back that they were able to recover from the BootBlock when advised to disconnect everything except the floppy drive."

If someone can understand, what I need in the floppy disk plz help.

So far, i do have the AWDFLASH.EXE and my 1010-X.Bin for the Asus A7N8X-X

By the way, for the 2 posts above,
1.) The comp only has one memory stick,
2.) The floppy drive I already replaced with one that works.

Thanks in advance
cp
BIOS Guru

quote from the site you've found:

"Create a single line AUTOEXEC.BAT on the diskette containing:

AWDFLASH.EXE xxxxxx.BIN /CC /CD /CP /F /R /PY /SN

Note the spaces after .EXE and .BIN and before each "/" in the above command."

maybe you should have read it (carefully?) ;)
Teh_One

Ok Iv tried those, made an

Autoexec.bat with the commands shown on the site, got my awdflash.exe, and the bios.bin file in my floppy, but the thing is, its not starting. Well, im not sure if it is. There are times where the screen goes blank..., at one time the screen went completly white :X, times where it showd a " - " at the top right corner blinking, and times where it showed

O-AS BIOS RADEON 92005E113-AA010
A9200SE BIOS Version v5964.8.15.58.AS01

on the screen.

How do i know which one is the correct skin where the bios are being flashed? :X Im so lost :*(
cp
BIOS Guru

disconnect everything except the floppy.

if this message appears

AWARD BOOTBLOCK BIOS v1.0
BIOS ROM Checksum Error
Detecting floppy drive A media

your floppy should start accessing the drive. otherwise there is something seriously wrong. recheck cableing, try to clear the cmos with the appropriate jumper. you could even try to plug in an old pci vga card instead of the radeon or (common problem) take a look at the power supply and post the things written on the lable.