Help: Tools for editing Award Medallion bios file.

Discusses BIOS flashers and utilities from Award, AMI and Uniflash
blackknight11
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi

A question: What tools would I need to edit a Award Mediallon v6.0 bios file? Because I've tried to load the bios file for an Asus p4sp-mx motherboard with modbin6, but it shows the following message: "Bios version not 6.0". And I've tried several versions of modbin6 without success! (and with cbrom I've got the same result as well). Also, I've used Award Bios Editor to open this file and it shows this message: "This image does not appear to be a valid Award Bios Image".
Could someone give some help?
Thanks in advance.
blackknight11

Hi.

I can extract the modules from bios file with Bios Information Tools (although I got an error). Now, how can I see data from these modules? I say this because I can see these files with Hex Editor, but ¿is there some way for seeing them legibly? I want to un-hide a bios option for this mother (p4sp-mx), but I don't know what program I should use! This process, I'm able to do it with AMI bios files, but don't with AWARD bios.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

search for CBROM32_115. I haven't seen an Asus version of modbin yet.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
blackknight11

edwin wrote:search for CBROM32_115. I haven't seen an Asus version of modbin yet.
Thanks for the response.
But what program should I use to edit the extracted modules with cbrom or bit information tools? For instance: Bit information tools has extracted several modules (xxxxx.rom, logo.epa, etc.) from the bios file; how do I do to see and edit the bios options from them?
Regards.