Intel N82802AB x uniflash

Discusses BIOS flashers and utilities from Award, AMI and Uniflash
Emerson
New visitors - please read the rules.

What mobo recognize this chip? Is report as unknown by uniflash.
The chip is new.
djf

This is a 512K firmware chip. Uniflash 1.40 knows about it, the code is 89AD. I have a q-lity Quanta CP-810 chipset board that has it.
Nice little mobo.
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

These FWH chips work only on boards with Intel 8xx chipsets.
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
itku

I have an i810 motherboard (LuckyStar 6P2M810 v2.0 (CD)) with this FWH and I tried to upgrade its BIOS. Uniflash 1.40 detects it correctly but the flashing fails (some of the last blocks, the last 64K I suppose, are signalled as incorrectly written). The new BIOS is still fuctional but the board now has big problems with the retaining and updating CMOS settings and hangs most of the time after a reboot, the only method for bringing it back to life being the ClearCMOS jumper. I suppose this chip has a protection for flashing, because awdflash didn't even try to flash it and told me the bios is write protected. I read that this protection can be overcomed by shorting pins 24 and 25 of the chip while flashing, but I didn't manage to find out more details about this "tweak".
I thought of replacing the cip with a less troublesome one, but I doubt the i810 chipset will work with other FWHs.
Any clues?
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

Check jumpers. Some boards with FWH chips have two jumpers - one for protecting the bootblock and another one for protecting the whole chip.
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere