Do i need to flash my New mobo bios??

Discusses BIOS flashers and utilities from Award, AMI and Uniflash
natty123
New visitors - please read the rules.

I recently intalled a new mobo/cpu/ram.
It posts fine, xcept no bios info screen appears, detects ram ,ide and cdrom ok thought .It says there is no bios installed, then goes straight to options to load winxp, and reboots to repeat the cycle.I can access the bios however [pressing delete].Once it showed bios info, not cpu however in like 30 attempts.

There is no way to check athlon 64 3000 cpu with my existing board[ecs k75sa].If i had a faulty cpu surely it wouldnt post this far.So do i need to flash bios or clear cmos.

Athlon 64 3000
MSI k8t Neo Fis 2
Kingston hyperX 512 3500
Enermax 450w
Denniss
BIOS Guru

"No Bios installed" :
Board has an aditional UDMA/SATA/RAID-Controller with no drives attached to - if not needed disable in Bios setup

Do you have a freshly installed OS or do you try to boot your old configuration ?
-> not possible to load an older configuration with different chipset unless you removed all old chipset and IDE drivers before switching to the new system .

Is the additianla 12 powercord (4-pin) attached to your board ?
Try only one memory stick or a different stick
natty123

I tried everything you mentioned[ both power supply is connected, numerous bios setting as you specified], xcept>I wanna keep my existing os if poss.How do i remove old chipset and ide drivers?

I have tried xp recovery with bios setings geared up i.e only ide enabled, etc and still unable to load windows

Thanks
Last edited by natty123 on Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
natty123

Just found this article is this the only way to go .

I am going to be upgrading my computer. I am going to get a new case, motherboard and processor. I am going to keep my existing hard drives, memory chips, video card and so on.
Can I use my hard drive, which currently has Windows XP loaded on it, without doing a reformat and reinstall of windows and all the programs? Can I just attach my hard drive to the new board "as is" and let it locate any new hardware? -- S.K., via Road Runner
There are times when gurus need gurus of their own. The doc sent S.K.'s questions to his own expert on Windows XP, his alter ego's brother Bob, and got this response:
"You can do what you want as long as you have your XP disk inserted into your CD drive. XP will quickly ask for the disk so that it can install drivers for the new equipment on your new motherboard. Install XP over your present XP. This is the safest way to go because your old drivers for the missing equipment will not be loaded. XP will re-install, properly install the drivers for your new motherboard and disregard the drivers for the missing hardware."