Need Newer Phoenix BIOS Editiong Program (CoreArchitect 2)

Discusses BIOS flashers and utilities from Award, AMI and Uniflash
pgustafson
New visitors - please read the rules.

My laptop is based on an AMD Turion X2 processor. The BIOS is one of those new Phoenix Trusted Core bios. Its a TrustedCore NB BIOS. The model is a gateway MX6453. Now, not that i necessarily want to overclock it or anything, i just dont like the way its all locked up! So what i need, is a newer program, because i have PBE 2 Pro (not the demo), and it wont open, it always gives a fatal error that my bios file is not good (its in WPH format.) Anyway, ive looked around, long and hard, and what i need is a program called Phoenix CoreArchitect 2. It is apparantly one of phoenix' newer bios editors. And its not online ANYWHERE. And lets just say phoenix probably isnt going to hand it to us on a silver plater. So, i need help. Anybody got a leed as to where it could be found?
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

How about actually buying a piece of licensed software for a change?
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
pgustafson

yes i did consider that. but why dont you try finding a place where you can legally buy. i looked, and its very obvious to me that it is a piece of software that a) phoenix wont just sell you (i looked and it must be bought through one of there retailers, and you cant just use paypal to buy it from them, its the kind of thing where you email them and they investigate you), and b) it appears to be something thats probably several thousand dollars. in short, if you can find a direct method of outright buying it. post a link, and i will stand down.
n.crain

Call phoenix.
1-800-446-9202 (North American Sales Division)
781-BUY PTEC (Outside North America)

1-408-570-1000

Product Spec sheet available http://www.phoenix.com/NR/rdonlyres/1C2 ... ect_ds.pdf

Product Page http://www.phoenix.com/en/Products/Brow ... efault.htm

I highly doubt you ever just finding this software online as I'm sure it costs upwards of $6000.00 U.S.
jwhiteheadcc

We're getting too dependent on the company's own tools - we should be using third-party tools. Too bad they went and changed the formats on us, heh. Anyone know of a LEGAL program to do that beside Core Architech 2?
BugsBunny

Is there any third party software to decompile, edit, and recompile the newer BIOS files?
jwhiteheadcc

Unfortunately, you'll need a debugger, decompiler and a hex editor to modify them at this point. The good news is that there tends to be steps in evolution of technology, so we can use previous experience.