noobquestion about upgrading bios

Discusses BIOS flashers and utilities from Award, AMI and Uniflash
speedo
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi,

I have this MSI PCB and there seem to be 7 bios updates online(5.1-5.7).
I downloaded everyone of them now. I was wondering if i had to do all the updates one by one to make sure that i have all the new features that every previous biosversion installs. In other words, will i have the update feature from(e.g.) version 5.3 when i install the latest biosversion 5.7?Or will i only have the latest features from 5.7 and not the previous addons? Which means that i would have to upgrade every update one by one...

Isnt it nesecairy to upgrade them all one by one, because when i look at the file size, they are all the same size, so, how can the last update have all the features of the previous ones without being bigger in size? Or am i wrong here? Please help me out! Thnx
Denniss
BIOS Guru

The latest Bios has all the fixes/addons from the older versions
Unless the manufacturer writes something of previously installing a different Bios (sometimes seen at Intel) only the latest Bios is needed
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

speedo wrote: when i look at the file size, they are all the same size, so, how can the last update have all the features of the previous ones without being bigger in size?
The BIOS fits in a chip which is a fixed size, like a disk is a fixed size. As they add more software to the chip, the size of the chip does not change. They always give you an image of the whole chip to flash regardless of how much of the chip is used. If the give you the BIOS as a zip file you may find that the zip file gets larger.
Sometimes they run out of space and move up to the next size larger chip, so you may see both 128KB and 256 KB BIOSes for the same motherboard.