Phoenix Bios Editor 2.2 - Need advice for first steps

Discusses BIOS flashers and utilities from Award, AMI and Uniflash
tomakos
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello all,

I want to alter my BIOS with the editor, but have some prolems and need some advice:

1. when the editor loads, he mentions mulitple errors, saying "an unsupported module class '*' was found at an offset xxx, do you want to continue". The xxx are: F8F6E, 'Q' C27B3, 'H' BAFA8. I press continue all the way. What should I do about these issues?

2. when i am in the setup table and want to enter some sub-menus, e.g. advanced, security, or boot, the software crashes and closes.

3. what can i actually do with the editor? as far as i saw, the only things that he can open is the setup table, where i actually can't edit anything, the stings menu (why should i want to edit anything here?), the ROM executable code (nothing to change here?), and the splash screen (i don't care about the splash). nothing else does something, when i click on it. has that something to do with the error messages, when the software starts? how can i avoide these error messages?

4. The reason why i installed the editor was, that i wanted to unhide all the bios options, that the manufacturer of my computer has hidden. isn't that possible?

5. i have version 2.2 of the editor. is there a newer version existing??

greets to everyone!
cp
BIOS Guru

contact the Phoenix support about your questions. i guess they'll be happy to provide support for someone who bought their (quite expensive) program.