Phoenix BIOS Editor Pro 2.2, error -1 ?

Discusses BIOS flashers and utilities from Award, AMI and Uniflash
IntuitiveNipple
BIOS Newbie

I'm working on a BIOS for a Sony Vaio VGN-FE41Z, to enable VMX for the Core 2 Duo T7200 CPU, with Phoenix BIOS Editor Pro v2.2.

BE Pro v2.2 opens the current R0200J3.WPH file without errors, writing its output to the .\TEMP\ directory.

Before I got too carried away with making changes I decided to do a simple open/build operation to test BE. I altered the text of one string-table entry, and then did a Build.

BE reports 'failed: error -1' but when it opens the log window it is completely empty.
Update
When the error dialog pops up I noticed there was still a command window with PREPARE.exe running, so I waited until that completed and then pressed 'Yes' to view the log. This time the output of PREPARE is in the log with no warnings or errors. It ends "Prepare completed with 0 errors".

I decided to run the operation manually from the .\TEMP\ directory, so I did:

..\PREPARE ROM.SCR -Debug > prepare.log
..\CATENATE ROM.SCR -O:..\V0200J3.WPH -LOG:catenate.log

Both log files report success: no warnings or errors.

However, the newly built WPH file size is smaller by a significant amount from the original:

1,051,334 R0200J3.WPH
1,048,576 V0200J3.WPH

And when I try to use WinPhlash v1.4 with the new V0200J3.WPH it complains of an error, which is along the lines of:

Cannot interpret interrupt table

(I have to dual-boot Vista to do this and I've forgotten the exact text - I will get it next time I boot Vista).

Does anyone have any ideas about what is going wrong, what is missing, or any way to determine it?

I'm running BE on Windows XP SP2, inside a QEMU emulator on Ubuntu 7.04. I can't imagine the emulator causing this issue (unless it is a subtle timing expectation) but I shall try it in Vista just to check.
China4Ever
New visitors - please read the rules.

Please, could you share phoenix bios editor 2.2 on some hosting site as I can't find it anywhere. Thanks
RAF
New visitors - please read the rules.

The Phoenix BIOS flashable file, which is .wph file defined by phoenix, is composed by two parts. One is the main bios image and it's size would be 512K, 1M, 2M or bigger. The other is a bin file called flashint.bin, which will be called by windows/Dos flash utilities to enable or disable flash.

According to your experience, you can see, the bios image you have builded is only 1,048,576 bytes, it is 1M actually, so I believe BIOS Editor has not composed the flashint.bin into image.

That is the reason you can not update with the image.

I am not sure if you have BIOS code, if you have, you can do a easy command to get the flashable image.

copy /b BIOS.ROM+FLASHINT.BIN FLASHABL.ROM

Flashabl.rom would be the flashable rom.

Though this reply is quite late, but I hope it would be helpful to others.