Problem with Abit KT7A v.1.3 BIOS Update

Discusses BIOS flashers and utilities from Award, AMI and Uniflash
copycat
New visitors - please read the rules.

I tryed to upgrade my BIOS. I've downloaded the latest from Abit site, started the flash utility (AWDFLASH.EXE v.8.23) and eveything was o.k. I observed instructions from BIOS help very earnest. The BIOS had updated himself, I reset it with jumper (first remove the power cable) and reboot the machine. And the first I saw after reboot was: "BIOS cheksum bad".... F1 to continue. After the second reboot (without reseting again) a new message appears: "CPU is unworkable or has been changed. Please recheck - CPU SOFT MENU". ?!? But in spite of this, machine is working somehow and everything else looks good. The bad thing is that when I get into BIOS and do make any changes, I cannot record any - BIOS stop working and I have to reset it again. So BIOS always is with default settings, which are loaded after reseting. Please can anyone help me. I cannot use my PC well and also cannot change my proccessor with the new one I already took.
I'm on a Abit KT7A v.1.3 mobo and still with AMD Athlon@950Mhz. :?
And after all, please people excuse me for my english - I hope u understand it all.
ruelnov
Master Flasher

If the BIOS checksum was really bad, you wouldn't have seen this message in the first place because bootblock should have activated.

It seems you haven't cleared CMOS completely, or you did not include the command switches /cc/cd/cp when you did the flash.