Uniflash support for ethernet Boot ROM Chip

Discusses BIOS flashers and utilities from Award, AMI and Uniflash
maman
Master Flasher

Does uniflash support all the chip with capacity <= 128KByte, when plugged and flashed in Realtek 8139 Card. I Haven't see any info in Uniflash official website :roll:
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

In theory, there is some code to support these cards, should work with the maximum chip size that the card can do. But I've never tried it as I don't have any of these cards.
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
maman
Master Flasher

ok, then I'll try it and report the result. I have Atmel AT29C512, MX28F1000P and SST29C010 chip to try in the Realtek card, I hope it'll work. Thx
maman
Master Flasher

I've tried it, and it's not working. It doesn't even recognised the flashrom chip :cry: .
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

There might be a bug somewhere...
Have you tried the rtflash (or how is that called) from Realtek?
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
maman
Master Flasher

I've used rtflash many times, it works very nicely with ONLY ONE atmel chip, i.e. AT29C512 (64K), but it's not working at all with the other chip, it says, unknown manufacturer and chip when I tried to flash. Btw, I'm looking forward to contribute in the development of uniflash, especially in the PCI expansion ROM part, however I'm not accustomed to pascal, but it's relatively easy nonetheless, I code pretty much in C, Assembly and C++ :D. I've never worked for a flashing program like uniflash, but I've got Realtek's 8139 datasheet and also the SST chip I'm using. Thx