Using a NIC as PCI flashing device?

Discusses BIOS flashers and utilities from Award, AMI and Uniflash
kodo
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi everyone,

i searched this forum for some answers, there already were questions concerning flashing via NIC, but these threads are a bit old and that's why i thought about asking this again. Just to make clear: my intention is to use a NIC just like the c't Flasher but with the advantage of the PCI bus. I saw that Uniflash supports PCI cards but in which way? Only flashing NIC bootroms or VGA Biosses?

Thanks in advance

Stephan
sunbirds
BIOS Rookie

I KNOW REALTEK8139 NET CARD CAN FLASH 1M CHIP,YOU SHOULD USE RTFLASH TO DO IT AND DO SOME MOD.

http://www.biosdiy.net/article_view.asp?id=25
this article may be useful
maman
Master Flasher

Realtek (RTL) based NIC can only be used for 1 Mbit chips since that's the biggest EEPROM chip capacity that RTL chip can decode, so, there is no workaround to make them supports chip with larger capacity.
sunbirds
BIOS Rookie

i find intel pro100 netcard with bootrom socket can flash 2m chip ,but i cant find the card .
kodo
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi,

first thanks for all replies. I have such Intel NIC'S here, could it work with Uniflash? Hmm, i think, i should just try. I will post the result here.

Bye

Stephan
maman
Master Flasher

that's great ;).

@kodo :
Last time I asked Rainbow about this idea, this support is still under development. I don't know for sure if the current version already support it.