Search found 5 matches

by caterpillar
Thu Aug 28, 2003 3:23 pm
Forum: My hard drive isn't recognized
Topic: 120GB: 12/16/1999-I440ZX-SMC60X-2A69KB0JC-00
Replies: 13
Views: 5347

you could check if your BIOS support EDD spec.. this is required for any HDD above 8.4 GB.. please also check your setup if the HDD is properly detected.. Things like LBA, 32-bit should be set.. or AUTO-DETECT in newer BIOSes will do. Or try putting your HDD on another system as secondary disk and c...
by caterpillar
Fri Aug 22, 2003 7:09 pm
Forum: In-depth High-tech BIOS section
Topic: pnp bios default settings
Replies: 1
Views: 3437

Hi Anil, To my knowledge there is no BIOS api to retreive the default Boot Order they adopted, from the ROM image. If it is for experimentation purpose, you could try saving the BIOS image and flashing it back making sure you are wiping out old values. Then you try the PnP call 60, 61 etc.. Other wa...
by caterpillar
Thu Aug 21, 2003 2:31 pm
Topic: S4 RTC Wake-up power-on problem in E7500/ICH3-S Chipset
Replies: 0
Views: 3967

S4 RTC Wake-up power-on problem in E7500/ICH3-S Chipset

Hi all, I'm having a problem in making the RTC Alarm wake-up a plumas (E7500) board with ICH3-S, and I hope any of you will be able to give a possible solution for it. As soon as the RTC Alarm timer is expired and the alarm generates a wake-up event, the system powers up from S4 to S0 visibly . Plea...
by caterpillar
Tue Mar 11, 2003 4:22 pm
Topic: To get DMI information from the BIOS rom!
Replies: 1
Views: 5309

Hi Yunhaohu, Once you know where the DMI structure "_DMI_" is stored, it's pretty easy to find the things out. 1. Get the "SMBIOS Structure Table Address" from the _DMI_ structure (offset 8) which is a 32-bit flat 2. Go to that address and browse the set of DMI structures for the Type-2 data which w...