by coolhand
Thu Jul 25, 2002 11:48 am
Forum: Notebook BIOS and other problems
Topic: Gericom Overdose 3
Replies: 5
Views: 6946

fast as ever

:D

I leeched the files and will be testing soon. Let me say, that this was as fast and good as usual! Thank you, merci and gracias, and keep up the high standard here (even, if I´m more for Barca ;) )!
If anything went wrong, I´ll be back ;)
Grüße, Cord
by coolhand
Wed Jul 24, 2002 8:09 pm

Well, I presume my russian is as bad as my czech... Anything in french, english, german, spanish, kisuaheli or latin?
But, how I said, I´ll try the russian site - maybe...
Thanks 4 the try.
by coolhand
Wed Jul 24, 2002 7:07 pm

Gericom Overdose 3

I bought this one used and it sometimes freezes. There is a SystemSoft MobilePro-BIOS on it, Rev. 1.01 (R1.02) 2482.00. I cannot find any site with informations or an update for this thing. Any suggestions??
Thanks for even thinking about it. Any hint might be useful.
Cord
by coolhand
Tue Apr 23, 2002 10:10 pm
Topic: BIOS nn Compaq 1570 D - can´t get into it :(
Replies: 8
Views: 6521

Only to make this clear: Fdisk and DON'T format after??? Then run the Partitiiondisk? I'll try. Don't bother about any data. Everything secured/cleared!
by coolhand
Tue Apr 23, 2002 8:09 pm

Doing so doesn´t work. The The prog for making the diagnostic partition says: unable, not enough space, need 2MB blabla. Well, the disk is completely empty...
2nd topic is: I need space in the MBR. Buff, made: fdisk /mbr for a proper (clean?) mbr, but didn´t work. Now you...
by coolhand
Thu Apr 18, 2002 8:32 pm

You need to visit the Compaq website and download (at least) 2 disks to rebuild the diagnostics partition on your HDD. You might also be able to recreate it with your restore CD. I did like u said at compaq.com and took one file I suppose to be the right one . If it worked, I dunno, because I lost ...
by coolhand
Thu Apr 18, 2002 8:51 am

BIOS nn Compaq 1570 D - can´t get into it :(

Hi! I´m using a Compaq 1570D, don´t have a manual and can´t get into my BIOS. Formatting and Fdisking my HDD seemed to have killed a somewhat "onDisk"-Bios. Now I´m looking for thtis Biosfile and a short advice, how to deal with that problem and how to get into my BIOS. Don´t care about losing data ...