I recently dug up a Acer Power 4000 system. It has the following specs:
V59LA Motherboard
256KB BIOS Flash
Onboard Sound/LAN (100baseT)
2 PCI Slots
2 PC66 SDRAM slots
CPU support up to K6/300mhz
Voltage supports from 1.8 to 3.52v

It appears to have a Acer Custom BIOS, V3.1 (1998). It recognizes my PC100 RAM stick and my 13gb drive. I installed Windows XP Professional on it with the 200mhz MMX Intel processor, works just fine.

I did, however, in a useless attempt to get USB Legacy support (well, my $100 USB Mac keyboard is nice enough for me to want to use it on any PC possible) for my keyboard, I zoarched the BIOS and the chip as well by flashing in a Fujistu OEM BIOS.

Anyhow.

I ordered a BIOS replacement, it is comming soon.
The BIOS is as I said, a Acer BIOS v3.1. v3.1 seems to be used in quite a few Motherboards around, and it has support all the way up to a Pentium II, even though the motherboard is Socket 7.. It does support my 60gb HD (I just tested it for the heck of it), so the BIOS must be somewhat new.

I want to get a Powerleap K6-3 CPU Adapter. My question is this- I have used a Hex editor and a Dissassembler before, but I have no clue how these Acer BIOS's work. How can I tell if the BIOS will support a K6-2 or K6-3 CPU (it does support K6 natively), and if not, what "tools" would one need to phsyically tune the BIOS to work properly?

Can anyone at least tell me if the BIOS supports the K6-3/2 CPU's? (Not the plus versions)..
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

The one that made the replacement bios?
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...