ASUS V3-P5G33 showed CPU Temperature is too low

Don't ask how to over-clock.
Radio Saturn
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello Friends,

I've installed in my Complety ASUS-PC ASUS V3-P5G33 a new CPU (Core 2 Duo E8500) and now the Board shows wrong CPU Temperature (@ startup 10°C and when running 7°C or lower).
Of course that the Fanspeed of CPU-Cooler will not run over 1000 rpm and the Cooler will be very Hot.
I've already installed the newest Bios from ASUS Downloadpage (V-P5G33 0702 Bios) - The ASUS Homepage says that this BIOS supports this CPU and the wrong CPU Temperature is fixed - but i think there ist something wrong ...
I've checked the Size of CPU 2 times ... it's all right.
For Testing i've flashed Bios back to older BIOS Versions ... nothing happened - and flashed back to newest Version it's the same (CPU Temp: 7°) ...
Asus support means that i must download the latest Bios for this PC ... lol ... very, very helpfull ...

I don't know anything else ... please, please help me.

Thank You very very much
Last edited by Radio Saturn on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Is this temp shown in Bios or in your OS with a monitoring tool ?
Is it possible to change tha fan behaviour in Bios like setting differen fan speeds/modifiers or the temperature ranges it starts to spin with full speed ?
Tried to load the Bios setup defaults ?

Please mail Asus tech support and ask them if there ae y problems known with your CPU and temperature monitoring on this mainboard, maybe they have a beta Bios on hand.
Radio Saturn

Hi, thanks for your Answer.

Both - if i startup in BIOS Mode "Hardware Monitor" shows Temperature ~ 10°C and by Monitoring with Tool HWMonitor it shows even 10°C ... if i start a Stresstest ( Prime95 ) the CPU Temperature goes up to max 38°C but the Fan don't run mor than ~1000rpm. - I think that the CPU Temperature is shown ~ 20°C too low ...
I can't change the Fan Speed in Bios (can't find anything to change Fan Speed).
Of course i loaded many times the Bios defaults ;)

best regards

Edit: I found Q-Fan Control in Bios - I'v changed to "Disable" now the Fan runs about ~2000 rpm ...
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

yeah and whenever they release a new bios, can use that one instead. I takes them between 7 and 10 releases on average to get it right... Asus is famous for temp reading errors in their early bios releases.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
Denniss
BIOS Guru

I now have the same problem with an ECS motherboard and a Celeron 420. Temperatures ranging from 2 to 15 degree Celsius shown in Bios and the CPU fan stays at ~1200rpm. I have not yet tested the system with heavy CPU load but due to the 35W TDP I don't expect cooling problems. Speedfan shows a temp around 30 degrees Celsius in Windows though.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

is that the latest bios adn does it support the celeron 420?
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

Denniss
BIOS Guru

edwin wrote:is that the latest bios and does it support the celeron 420?
Yes to both, there was an older Bios installed that didn't even boot with the Celeron but the new Bios was stated as supporting newer CPU. CPU is on their support list but ECS failed to announce the Bios version required for the CPU to be supported.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

might still be a good idea to shoot an email their way just in case...
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

Radio Saturn

Here I am again ;)

please can anyone help me?

I'd take a look to the Mainboard in my ASUS V3-P5G33 and found out that this Mainboard is an P5K-VM Mainboard!
ASUS shows on their own Websites that for this Mainboard is an newer BIOS update on the Downloadsites ( BIOS Ver.: P5K-VM 1001 ) but ASUS says that this BIOS is not for ASUS Computers Named V3-P5G33 ?

But this is absolutely the same Mainboard !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please can anyone Patch or Fix that P5K-VM 1001 Bios so that i can update this on my V3-P5G33 ?

Please ;)

Best regard
Last edited by Radio Saturn on Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Don't hold your breath with this Bios. If the dates are correct it was released in the same timeframe as the P5G33 Bios. I don't think there's much difference between them.
Radio Saturn

... I Think so too ... but I've already the problem with the CPU Temperature & CPU-Fanspeed ... and i hope that this BIOS fixes the problem.

Greets

RS
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

0702 is not the latest bios for that system:
http://support.asus.com/download/downlo ... l=P3-P5G33
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

Radio Saturn

Sorry,
but this Files are for ASUS P3-P5G33 and does not match for V3-P5G33 ... sorry ... even the same problem ;)

Greez RS