AZZA PT-6IFB issues

Don't ask how to over-clock.
rmay635703
Chip off the ol' block

I have an old AZZA PT-6IFB PII motherboard that supports PII 233-333 according to the manual. It also says supports voltages of 1.8v and up.

I only have a PII 350Mhz processor and a Celeron 400Mhz processor on a sloket.

The PII 350 should work as the board supports the voltage yet when I try it locks up at post even before it gets to the memory count (I would think I could run the 350mhz at 233mhz using the 66 bus)

Anyway the celeron doesn't even post and is a base 66 chip and should also work as its a 2v unit.

Is it possible to get the celeron running or do you think my board might have damage.
Or might a bios update help? (if there is one)

Thanx
Ryan
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

It's possible that the BIOS locks up because it's too old and does not include support for the new CPUs. What's the BIOS ID string (including date)?
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
rmay635703
Chip off the ol' block

It locks before the date is shown, the video bios pops up and then about 2 lines of the regular bios show CPU = then it locks without the bottom half showing.

I will have to see if anyone locally has a PII 233 cpu so I can test this board and possibly flash the bios chip.

There is an EPROM burner here on campus if the bios chip is the correct type and I can find a bios I could try burning a new one to it and see if that resolves the issue.

As usual it is also possible that I bought a dud board.

Sincerely
Ryan
Denniss
BIOS Guru

First try to clear CMOS - maybe some wrong settings causing the lock-ups .