Compaq Professional workstation 5000 cpu upgrade?

Don't ask how to over-clock.
Uncle Adolf
New visitors - please read the rules.

Does anyone know if the bios of the Compaq professional workstation 5000 would support the Pentium II overdrive cpu? I've picked up a professional workstation for 30 bucks, and two Pentium II overdrive cpu's for 40, and I want to run the workstation 5000 with the dual Pentium II overdrive cpu's.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

they are MP compatible. start with one, if it runs add the other one. you did get a VRM for the second CPU I hope?
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
Uncle Adolf
New visitors - please read the rules.

Ok, so they're MP compatible, but do you know if it is compatible with the Pentium II overdrive, specifically? I haven't picked up the second VRM yet, I plan on running it with one P2 overdrive, if it works in the workstation 5000, then picking up a VRM and adding the second P2 overdrive.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

edwin wrote:they are MP compatible. start with one, if it runs add the other one. you did get a VRM for the second CPU I hope?
they as in the Pentium II Overdrive is MP compatible. Yes the DeskPro 5000 dual Socket 8 is MP compatible I hope. I cannot find specific info if the DeskPro 5000 PPro series run OK with the P2 Overdrive anywhere, no problems running them either, so you may have a chance.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...