Desparately need Micronics m6mi smo3 bios release.

Don't ask how to over-clock.
rmay635703
Chip off the ol' block

I have found something out the hard way.

Anyway I have several Micronics m6mi ppro based systems now onto the problem I noticed that the newer smo4 and smo5 bios releases found widely on the net claim they support larger hard drives and decided to upgrade one of the units phoenix bios that has been happily chugging with a PII overdrive for a while. Now unto the problem, the new smo4 and smo5 bioses both seem to be beta and DO NOT support the 333mhz PII Overdrive, I read the fine print and the Newer bioses only support certain steppings of the ppro processors of which the PII is not.

Anyway now the system is unstable and the chip is identified improperly, is there any place out there that has the smo3 or earlier bios for the Micronics m6mi?

Thanx
Ryan
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
rmay635703
Chip off the ol' block

ftp://www.omnitechcorp.com/pub/mba/

This site is WORTH archiving as it has a LOT of Micronics motherboard bios's including unofficial and beta ones as well and my problem is fixed.

But a word of warning, I own Omnitech PCs and am entitled to use the site because I am a customer. I believe that if you asked the site admin there (or simply download them discreetly) you could mirror the bios files somewhere more permanent and public.

Hope this helps anyone with a good ol micron/micronics motherboard

Thank you for previous help
Cheers