Ferrari 3200 upgrade to A64 DTR 3400+

Don't ask how to over-clock.
dorsey
New visitors - please read the rules.

I recently bought an Athlon 64 DTR 3400+ processor for my Acer Ferrari 3200. The processor works great, except for one minor detail: the ACPI power state table (PST/PSS) is not present for the DTR 3400+, and therefore processor throttling no longer works. This is rather annoying, as the fan runs at full blast all the time, not to mention the power consumption issues... I've tried using the Phoenix BIOS Editor, but I can't find any way to edit the PST tables. Can anyone here edit these?

The BIOS is located at https://www.synapsenow.com/synapse/data ... 5_3C23.WPH
(this is the BIOS for Ferrari 3400, but they have the same motherboard)
hezzy
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi

If you goto acer website acer.co.uk, there is a new BIOS version 3C32, for the Ferrari 3400, if you read the attached readmefile there is a reference to updating the cpu code. I tried this on my ferrari 3200 in the hope that it would reconise my DVD ROM upgrade from UJ825 to the replacement UJ845, it worked perfectly ok in my machine but didn't fix my problem so I have reverted to the original 3A27.

Please note do whatever at your own risk.

I will be intrested in knowing if it does work as I to am intrested in upgrading my processor to a faster on.

Cn you let me know where and how much was the new processor, also can you send me the model number of the processor.

Good luck

Hezzy