Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz

Don't ask how to over-clock.
utulu
BIOS Newbie

My new CPU is not recognized by my ASUS motherboard P4C800 DELUX. Can you help please. Thanks
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Please give us some more information! Is it recognized as unknown P4 or just with lower clock frequency?

If unknown P4 then you might need a newer Bios, if wrong clock then adjust the FSB to what your CPU needs.
utulu
BIOS Newbie

Just the computer does not boot up. With the Pentium 4 2.8Ghz that is ok but when I replaced it with the 3Ghz the pc did not boot, I suspect that there is a BIOS upgrade which would support the new CPU
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Either the CPU is dead of you need a newer Bios. But it may also be a problem of your motherboard not supporting the new CPU especially if it's one of the last (Prescott) or latest (Cear Mill) generation P4 as they do requirer proper voltage regulation support.

If it's a retail motherboard the try support.asus.com. If it's installed in a branded system like HP, Dell or another OEM manufacturer then you may have to install a Bios provided by them.
utulu
BIOS Newbie

I already have attempted to upgrade the bios as instructed in the ASUS website but have failed to do so. Can you please name the bios utilities such as that to identify the eisting one and the other to flash the motherboard
Denniss
BIOS Guru

What failed exactly?

Retail board or branded system ?
utulu
BIOS Newbie

Sorry for not posting sooner but I've got a problem with my internet connection. With regards my problem, since the motherboard is not recognizing the CPU I tried to upgrade the BIOS of the m/board. When I inserted the floppy with the flash and new bios file and rebooted in DOS the line command told me to remove the floppy, hence the BIOS upgrade could not be successful.

Can you please send me the software to be used to identify exactly the current BIOs. m/board, chipset etc.. inorder to post these in this forum for an eventual solution.

Many thanks in anticipation