Laptop CPU Upgrade = Fan Problems

Don't ask how to over-clock.
pacops
New visitors - please read the rules.

I upgraded the cpu in my laptop from a T2400 to the T7600. The performance increase is enormous and the laptop runs great, but the laptop's fan doesn't adjust correctly. It just stays fixed at full RPM. I'm pretty sure this has to do with the bios, which isn't made for Core 2 Duo. I've tried various fan controlling programs, but none of them detect or can adjust the fan. Is there any solutions to this problem? I know the M400 is virtually identical to the M7, is there a way to flash a M400 bios, which supports Core 2 Duo, to an M7 via hex editing the bios rom or something? I'm open to any suggestions at the moment as the fan is quite annoying.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

It has to run at full throttle since the casing wasn't designed for the C2D. It is probably the only way to keep it from melting down...
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
pacops
New visitors - please read the rules.

Well here's the thing, the temp of the CPU is about 41-43 degrees on full performance, and 37-39 on batery with optimization. The old CPU actually ran hotter at around 45, but the fan of course ran much slower and quiter. The Tecra also came with the T2700, which was the mhz equivilant of the T7600, just not C2D. Looking at many reviews, the actual difference in temperature between the two processors is reported to be less than a degree in temperature. So, I really don't think the fan needs to be running at full speed in order to keep it from overheating, because nothing but cool air is coming out of the fan, as it never gets hot. The fan just isnt functioning correctly.

It also seems there actually is a UK version of the laptop that comes with C2D processors, but the Toshiba UK site doesn't seem to have this version of the BIOS listed. Maybe there is some hope there...