Modding Phoenix BIOS to add CPU support

Don't ask how to over-clock.
symphy
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi there,

Hopefully someone can help me here :/.

My problem is the following:

I'm building a retro workstation and decided to give Intel's Xeon MP 7140M CPUs a try. I use a Supermicro X6DA3-G2 which i imported as spare part directly from Supermicro to Europe. The board is new and tested with my little 2,8 GHz Xeon DP Nocona but won't boot using one or two Xeon MP Tulsa CPUs. They don't even get hot and the power LED stays off, fans spin but no picture.

I know that those CPUs aren't supposed to run on dual socket platforms, but as they should run on every dual-core ready Socket 604 MP board designed for the older Paxville core, they should also run technically on every dual socket Paxville-ready board which the X6DA3-G2 actually is...

I already dropped Supermicro Netherlands a mail, but they stated that no Xeon MP would run in a DP platform (which is officially true, but actually, they mostly do). Yesterday i wrote Supermicro US another mail explaining what i'm trying to do, hopefully someone can help me there regarding the situation more realistic.

So, my question is:

- What is happening technically when the board is not booting with the CPUs?

- Anyone out there who is familiar modding Phoenix BIOS? I can provide the original BIOS as well as a BIOS from a quad socket board which natively supports the Tulsas.

Thanks in advance guys!
symphy
New visitors - please read the rules.

No idea?

Even with updated microcodes, the CPUs wont boot. I think i need a BIOS mid similar to what all the manufactors did to their 955X' BIOS when Presler was launched, because Paxville is technically Smithfield and Tulsa is technically Presler...

Please help :/ Even an idea who could be able to do this would be great.