new cpu installed, will not boot!

Don't ask how to over-clock.
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Hyper-Threading support requires two things :
Hardware support, motherboard/chipset have to support it
Software support, Bios has to support it as well as OS
Both are depending on each other.

Instead of paying a lot for a useless Bios you should have better bought a newer mainboard supporting HTT.
Ritchie
BIOS Guru

I have to say that I agree with Denniss. As both he clearly stated and as I also pointed out eariler, both the board and BIOS must support hyper-threading.

If not, it does not matter what BIOS you install, you will not be able to use a HT (hyper-threading CPU).
official_style
New visitors - please read the rules.

so basically esupport lied to me by saying the bios upgrade would ad HT support. i basically i am using this old medion 1294 desktop, and i wanted to max it out until i build a new computer, i dont think i can slap a new motherboard in this one cuz i bought it in costco and it was pre built.
this is what i am working with, i have it about maxed out as much as it will take, it has 2gb ram, p4 2.66 pny geforce 6600 256 agp. that video card was a pain to get working, that was why i did the bios in the first place. check out all the fans i put in! i changed the psu since the pix, it has a 650w one, and a different processor heatsink and fan. soundblaster 24bit value card. it also has dual nec dvd burners. this thing is like a crazy modded out old pc. lol
elph
New visitors - please read the rules.

This hack boasts that it can give you HT support... I guess it's worth a shot.

http://www.rom.by/english.html
Ritchie
BIOS Guru

If the board does not support HT, the BIOS cannot add HT support.

Denniss seems to think the board does not support HT. My position is that I do not know if the board supports HT. If you want to find out whether the board is a HT board, check it's specs - probably on the website I directed you to.

If this is a non-HT board, forget your new CPU working on this board.
Denniss
BIOS Guru

nitpicking: HT is HyperTransport, P4HT is P4 with Hyper-Threading, HTT = Hyper-Threading Technology